This and That

Ok, I know, I know... I have been seriously neglecting the blogging. But, it's not like anyone was really missing me, or I might have heard about it.

October has been a blur. We've worked on a lot of things in class - so many things, I can barely remember and I didn't take pictures of half - plus I've had special orders outside of school, which is wonderful, but added stress... I've been diligently seeking a stage placement, and then when I found one, I had to do a police background check, which is absolutely not a problem, but they said it should only take a couple days to get back, and it took a week and a half. Stress! And we've been working on 3D sugar sculptures (fondant, gumpaste, sugar in any form, chocolate, etc.) but only have 10 days in the module, so it seems stressful to get everything done in time and practice for the exam.

After consulting my camera's memory card, I realized that I really haven't been taking pictures, because I have a ton of things to share with you. Now let's see if I can remember what they're called...

This past Thursday we had our viennoiserie exam, where we had to present 12 croissants and 12 danishes. I wasn't really stressed or nervous, but I didn't feel confident about my work during the exam. I got a good analysis, but I have definitely made better croissants, and danishes, before!

Next Monday we'll be doing our ice cream/cookies exam, and Thursday is our exam for the 3D sugar art module (we'll have to make a nougatine basket filled with 5 different marzipan fruits).

Vacherin - layers of strawberry ice cream and meringue discs, all covered with whipped cream, and topped with more meringues. :)

Chocolate hazelnut ice cream bars

Chocolate macarons

Lalaloopsy birthday cake (exam)

Omelette novégienne (aka Baked Alaska)

Danishes with pastry cream and raisins

An ice cream dessert, but I can't remember what it's called or what's in it!

Chocolate hazelnut ice cream log cake

Vanilla-strawberry ice cream log cake

Chocolate vanilla ice cream log cake

Viennoiserie exam - success!

Raspberry-pistachio macarons

My jack-o-lantern!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts