Day 92 of 365 Less Things

I've been awful at keeping this up to date, and I really honestly have no clue if I've gotten rid of 92 things so far or not, but I'm gonna go with yes. I also don't have pictures today. But since my last post, I have...

  • tidied up surfaces
  • bought wooden hangers for uniformity
  • put together, installed, and filled the bookcase
I've done pretty well, but there are still a lot of things to do, get rid of... Every time I turn around I see something else of mine in a different part of the house, and it just exhausts me to try to figure out where to put it so it's not taking up space outside of my room. I am easily discouraged by all those little things. I get so frustrated - I have this idea in my head of what I wish my space could look like... but it's just not possible with all of my belongings, and I don't feel able to part with enough belongings to make it work. And I get so sick of seeing things out of place or seeing my room in a mess and I just want to get organized and do something about it. But either I don't know where to start, or I just am too attached to my things. It's shameful, I know, and that's part of the reason I'm trying to do this challenge, because I realize that I am far too attached to material things. *sigh*

On a different note... I have yet to own my own vehicle. At 25 years of age, and being a country girl... it's past time. But my parents have always been good about letting me use their vehicles, and I do pay for gas when I use them. But my dad mentioned to me months ago that he thought I should maybe start thinking about getting my own vehicle. And I said "Where would I put it?!" (my parents have 2 cars and a minivan, my brother has 2 cars and a Jimmy, plus the carcass of another big vehicle...) and then I was laid off, and then my dad got busy with a big reno project at church... and it just got pushed aside. But I do want one, so we've been looking around recently. I don't really know what I'm doing though, I keep asking for help, but everyone is too busy doing their own things. The vehicles I've been looking at are all manual. My brother's first car was manual and he let me drive a few times, so I know the basics, but it would definitely take some getting used to. Anyway... Hopefully somebody will have some time to help me out before the cars I'm looking at are sold...

I'll see if I can tidy up enough to take some not-embarrassing room photos soon... :)

Comments

Popular Posts